Eva Garland Consulting (EGC) is excited to be partnering with the NIH to provide FREE support for small businesses planning to apply for a SBIR/STTR award through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Applicant Assistance Program (AAP). The NIH AAP is designed to assist small businesses in preparing a Phase I SBIR or STTR application for the April 5, 2022 deadline. Accepted participants in the AAP will be assigned a coach from Eva Garland Consulting for one-on-one, personalized assistance at each stage of the SBIR/STTR application preparation and submission process.
The mission of the AAP is to increase the number of applications from underrepresented small businesses and to maximize applicant success by offering support and resources. Discover more details about the impact of the NIH AAP and the continued success of prior participants by following this link to a presentation from the 2021 Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Small Business Program Conference.
To learn more about the upcoming NIH AAP cohort and the application process, join NIH experts for an NIH AAP Q&A Office Hour on December 6 at 2 PM ET. Please click here to sign up for this webinar.
The NIH AAP will support Phase I applications for the April 5, 2022 submission deadline from the following participating Institutes and Centers:
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI SBIR)
- The National Institute on Aging (NIA SBIR)
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI SBIR)
- The National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR SBIR)
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS SBIR)
- The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH SBIR)
- The National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS SBIR)
- The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS SBIR)
- The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD SBIR)
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA SBIR)
The AAP portal will remain open until December 10 at 5:00 PM ET. Eligible applicants must apply to the AAP by December 10 at 5:00 PM ET to be considered for a spot in the program. The link to the AAP application portal and additional information can be found on the AAP program website.
Who is eligible for the AAP?
AAP seeks companies that have not previously participated in the SBIR or STTR programs. Eligible applicants:
- Intend to submit an application for Phase I SBIR/STTR support for the April 5, 2022 application deadline.
- Do not have a NIH SBIR or STTR application under review.
- Have not received a previous NIH SBIR or STTR award in the past 10 years.
- Are otherwise eligible for the SBIR or STTR programs.
- Have a research program aligned with the mission of a participating NIH Institute or Center.
Women and minority-owned small businesses, as well as businesses from states underrepresented in the SBIR/STTR programs, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NIH AAP Q&A Office Hour: Monday, December 6, 2021, at 2 PM ET
- AAP Applications Due: Friday, December 10, 2021, at 5 PM ET
- AAP: January 17, 2022 – March 28, 2022
- SBIR/STTR Submission Deadline: April 5, 2022