Health Security Program Manager – BARDA DRIVe
This individual will be responsible for developing and managing the BARDA DRIVe Program and Portfolio at the New Orleans BioInnovation Center. In collaboration with the NOBIC Executive Director and a team of fellows/interns, this position will be responsible for setting the strategic direction, management, and oversight of all operational/programming activities related to the accelerator program and collaboration with BARDA, BARDA DRIVe, and other key stakeholders.
Apply through Indeed or below.
Requirements and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical and project management skills, an autonomous work ethic, initiative, and the ability to work in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment.
- Bachelors Degree in a bio-related field
- Applicant must be a US citizen or be eligible to work within the US
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Technical knowledge
- Previous commercialization/innovation experience
- Experience in epidemiology or infectious disease research or company-building
- Grant management/reporting experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a startup or accelerator environment
- Advanced degree in science
- Works with key stakeholders (BARDA, HHS, health systems, tech transfer offices, CEOs, scientists, ID departments,) in the regional Ecosystem to understand and identify technologies and how they fit into the BARDA DRIVe mission.
- Researches and reaches out to companies that could have technologies of interest to BARDA.
- Manages a small team of 2-3
- Works with BARDA representatives to understand the needs of the accelerator network and understand what technologies fall into areas of interest for BARDA funding.
- Assists in the planning of events for BARDA awareness and education.
- Researches and engages relevant experts to be mentors and potential speakers for the BARDA DRIVe Program.
- Assists with the creation of monthly & annual reports.
- Assists with the planning of a speaker series & community programming related to health/bio security.
- All other duties as assigned.
Deliverables will be project-specific and may include:
- Identifying relevant technologies to BARDA DRIVe’s mission.
- Performing market and industry analyses.
- Grant writing support
- Provide business development support to DRIVe companies.
- Develop educational programming calendar and manage the delivery of these programs to ensure stakeholder engagement and success.
- Networking and nurturing strong ties to the life science and health security communities.
Logistics, Contact Information and Deadlines
Reports to NOBIC Executive Director and will work from New Orleans BioInnovation Center. Occasional travel required. We have an incredible team, and we’re dedicated to the welfare of our employees and clients.
The New Orleans BioInnovation Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable state or federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
About the BARDA DRIVe Program
NOBIC is collaborating with the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to advance emerging technologies in the areas of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear threats, as well as sepsis, pandemic influenza, and infectious disease. The DRIVe Program is a BARDA initiative to accelerate the development and availability of transformative technologies and approaches to protect Americans from health security threats. NOBIC was selected as 1 of 13 BARDA DRIVe accelerators from across the nation to identify promising innovation and to provide wraparound technical support and business development services. By connecting companies, universities, and other important members of the health security ecosystem the NOBIC BARDA DRIVe Program aims to drive innovation in lifesaving medical technologies and solve challenging problems spanning modern health security threats and daily medical care.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Laboratory: 2 years (Required)
- Start-Ups/Innovation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Science Degree (advanced degree or PhD Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location – New Orleans
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture. Please send a brief cover letter along with resume submission that details your unique qualifications and your particular interest in joining our team at the BioInnovation Center. Thanks!
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity