ICONIC, the healthy lifestyle beverage from Be Well Nutrition, beat out nearly 400 other startup products to earn a spot in the Accel Foods accelerator program for food producers. Accel will invest in Be Well along with providing 5 months of business coaching, introductions to other investors, mentorship, and other services.
June 30, 2014 — Read more at The Times-Picayune/Nola.com
We have just released our FY2014 Annual Report. This includes details on the Center’s programs, services, and impact in Southeast Louisiana, along with highlights on our clients’ achievements over the past several years.
NOBIC’s experienced team has:
- Brought 34 tenants to the building
- Evaluated the commercial potential of 115 technologies
- Supported grant and competition applications that successfully earned clients more than $4.1 million in capital
- Hosted 45 educational events
- Invested over $1.65 million in 10 companies through the New Orleans BioFund loan program
- Trained 50+ interns and fellows on life science technology commercialization
Our clients have:
- Formed 66 new Louisiana companies
- Created over 200 new jobs
- Raised $24.1 million in grant, investment, and other capital
- Been awarded over $2.7 million in federal technology commercialization grants
- Earned cash and in-kind prizes at 23 business plan competitions since 2010
- Launched more than 13 new products
Nanotechnology startup Advano has been named one of only 12 regional semi-finalists in the Cleantech Open, the largest global program aimed at accelerating cleantech startups into successful businesses. Advano will receive business training, mentorship, and networking opportunities over the summer before competing in the program’s pitch competition at the regional and possibly national levels this fall.
June 24, 2014 – Read more in New Orleans CityBusiness